Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect.
~ Chief Seattle, 1854 ~
 Being a massive of anything Native American related, i thought i'd share one of my favourite Native American quotes. Everything about their culture, history and people is so fascinating to me. It's definitely a dream to go to a pow-wow, meet an elder, eat some frybread...you know, traditional stuff like that. When i think of such a thing dying out and the youth not embracing it, it breaks my heart. It's such a beautiful thing. I pray that this history and rich culture are never lost. I think 'The Reel Injun' documentary is something to watch. It's how Native Americans are portrayed in Hollywood and how far from the truth it is. Such an interesting documentary. Oh well, i'll stop blabbing on lol. Stay yourself guys.
Love Amanda,
xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment